A Spotfire and Alteryx Blog
Welcome to The Analytics Corner! I strive to help you turn analytics clutter into clarity. My name is Julie Sebby. I write about analytics and visualization with Spotfire and Alteryx and post content weekly on my YouTube Channel. Check out the Spotfire and Altyerx playlists.
Data Shop Talk is No More
Petro.ai has decommissioned the Data Shop Talk blog that contained a significant portion of my published work. Of course, I have backup copies, but it will take a while to get them back online.
I Got A New Job!!
I recently accepted a new role within SM Energy on the RPA (Robotic Process Automation) team as a Lead Developer. I’ll be working with Power Automate, Power Automate Desktop, and a number of other tools to help automate manual and mundane tasks. You’ll be sure to see some Power Automate content soon.
Work in Progress
I recently started working with Microsoft Azure DevOps to organize analytics assets. So, you’ll see content on ADO very soon.
- Managing Analytics Assets with Azure DevOps – Part 1
- Managing Analytics Assets with Azure DevOps – Part 2
Spotfire Property Controls Series
I recently wrapped up a series on how to use property controls in Spotfire text areas.
- How to Create Drop-Downs is Spotfire Text Areas
- Create List Boxes in Spotfire Text Areas
- How to Use List Box Multiple Select in Spotfire Text Areas
- How to Use Input Property Controls in Spotfire Text Areas
- Using Input Property Controls in Spotfire Text Areas
- How to Use Input (Multiple Lines) in Spotfire Text Areas
- Using Label Property Controls in Spotfire Text Areas
Spotfire Expression Language Series
Also, check out my series on Learning the Spotfire Expression Language language.
- Learning the Spotfire Expression Langauge
- How to Use the Over Keyword
- Using the Then Keyword
- How to Use the Intersect Keyword
- Using Node Navigation
- All, Next, Previous, AllNext, AllPrevious Node Navigation
- First Node, Last Node, LastPeriods, PreviousPeriod, Next Period Node Navigation
- Parent, ParallelPeriod Node Navigation
- NavigatePeriod Node Navigation
- What are Axis Names?
- Using Axis Names in Bar Charts
- Using Axis Names in Line Charts
- $esc and $map functions
- Axis Names on Cross Tables
- How to Use Axis Names in Spotfire Cross Tables