A Spotfire and Alteryx Blog
Welcome to The Analytics Corner! I strive to help you turn analytics clutter into clarity. My name is Julie Sebby. I write about analytics and visualization with Spotfire and Alteryx and post content weekly on my YouTube Channel. Check out the Spotfire and Altyerx playlists.
Speaking at the TIBCO Analytics Forum
Spotfire Property Controls Series
At the end of February, I started a series on how to use property controls in Spotfire text areas. So far, I have worked thru two of the seven types of property controls. More posts coming each week!
- How to Create Drop-Downs is Spotfire Text Areas
- Create List Boxes in Spotfire Text Areas
- How to Use List Box Multiple Select in Spotfire Text Areas
- Using Input Property Controls in Spotfire Text Areas
- How to Use Input (Multiple Lines) in Spotfire Text Areas
Spotfire Expression Language Series
Also, check out my series on Learning the Spotfire Expression Language language. This series isn’t finished yet. I have more to write on Axis Names in visualizations, but there is plenty to keep you busy until then.
- Learning the Spotfire Expression Langauge
- How to Use the Over Keyword
- Using the Then Keyword
- How to Use the Intersect Keyword
- Using Node Navigation
- All, Next, Previous, AllNext, AllPrevious Node Navigation
- First Node, Last Node, LastPeriods, PreviousPeriod, Next Period Node Navigation
- Parent, ParallelPeriod Node Navigation
- NavigatePeriod Node Navigation
- What are Axis Names?
- Using Axis Names in Bar Charts
- Using Axis Names in Line Charts
- $esc and $map functions
I recently started working with Microsoft Azure DevOps to organize analytics assets. So, you’ll see content on ADO very soon. In the meantime, welcome to my site. I hope you enjoy learning about Spotfire and Alteryx!