Welcome to The Analytics Corner! I strive to help you turn analytics clutter into clarity. My name is Julie Sebby, and I do analytics, automation, data engineering, and visualization. I write about whatever I’m working on and in the process help other people learn and solve problems. You’ll find content on Spotfire, Alteryx, Power Automate, and Power Automate desktop. I also have a YouTube channel with Spotfire, Alteryx, and Power Automate playlists.
Power Automate 101
I am currently working on building a self-service program for automation and have created the following content to get new users working in Power Automate.
- Getting Oriented with Power Automate
- Exploring Power Automate Triggers & Actions
- Building & Developing in Power Automate
- Troubleshooting in Power Automate
- How to Decipher Dynamic Content in Power Automate
- What Can You Do With Office 365 Triggers in Power Automate?
- Combatting File System Frustration in Power Automate
- Two Reasons to Keep Tidy Connections in Power Automate
Last year, my team moved into Azure DevOps for organizing analytics assets. So, I wrote a series for new users to get started.
- Managing Analytics Assets with Azure DevOps
- Speaking the Azure DevOps Language
- 5 Questions to Ask and Answer Before Setting Up Azure DevOps
- Configuring Microsoft Azure DevOps
- How to Customize Work Item Types in Azure DevOps
- Use Azure DevOps Boards to Manage Analytics Assets
I Got A New Job!!
In October of 2021, I accepted a new role within SM Energy on the RPA (Robotic Process Automation) team as a Lead Developer. I’ll be working with Power Automate and Power Automate Desktop to help automate manual and mundane tasks.
Spotfire Property Controls Series
For my Spotfire people, check out this series on how to use property controls in Spotfire text areas.
- How to Create Drop-Downs is Spotfire Text Areas
- Create List Boxes in Spotfire Text Areas
- How to Use List Box Multiple Select in Spotfire Text Areas
- How to Use Input Property Controls in Spotfire Text Areas
- Using Input Property Controls in Spotfire Text Areas
- How to Use Input (Multiple Lines) in Spotfire Text Areas
- Using Label Property Controls in Spotfire Text Areas
Spotfire Expression Language Series
Also, check out my series on Learning the Spotfire Expression Language language.
- Learning the Spotfire Expression Langauge
- How to Use the Over Keyword
- Using the Then Keyword
- How to Use the Intersect Keyword
- Using Node Navigation
- All, Next, Previous, AllNext, AllPrevious Node Navigation
- First Node, Last Node, LastPeriods, PreviousPeriod, Next Period Node Navigation
- Parent, ParallelPeriod Node Navigation
- NavigatePeriod Node Navigation
- What are Axis Names?
- Using Axis Names in Bar Charts
- Using Axis Names in Line Charts
- $esc and $map functions
- Axis Names on Cross Tables
- How to Use Axis Names in Spotfire Cross Tables
Data Shop Talk is No More
Unfortunately, Petro.ai has decommissioned the Data Shop Talk blog. DST housed a significant portion of my published work. I don’t know if or when I’ll get this content back up online. Spotfire isn’t my primary role anymore, so it’s a lower priority.