Modules, packages, and repositories are three terms that often cause confusion for analysts as they leave BI tools behind and begin to write their own code. I’ll reference these terms in many future posts, and you’ll continue seeing them throughout your career. We’ll cover the basics of each and go over a few examples in Python and R.Read More »Modules, packages, and repositories. Oh my!
Welcome to part 3 of my Spotfire Data Limiting Series. The first post in the series covered data limiting with filter and data panels. The second post talked about data limiting in the web player. This post will explain how to use filtering schemes to limit data. This is an essential skill for new users to master. For more experienced users, the post will also explain when filtering schemes work best and when to choose another method.Read More »Data Limiting with Filtering Schemes
I don’t work in a support role anymore, but…Occasionally, someone will reach out to me with a question that’s quick and easy to solve, so I help. This week, a user contacted me because he was missing options in lines and curves.Read More »Options Missing in Lines and Curves
This afternoon, while waiting on data to load into a Spotfire project, I decided to get a jump on my data limiting series. The series starts with filter panels and data panels, which changed a lot in Spotfire 10 and beyond. I say “beyond” because Spotfire 10.1 was just released. Anyway, I started the post by explaining those changes, which turned out to be quite lengthy. So, I decided to put panel changes in Spotfire X into it’s own post. Read on for more details.Read More »Panel Changes in Spotfire X
- Did you learn to use Spotfire with the filter panel and never really adopted the data panel?
- Would you like to know why or when to avoid the filter or data panels?
- Would you like to know what circumstances the filter or data panels work best?
- Have you ever looked at a Spotfire project and been at a loss for how the data is being limited or filtered?
- Would you like to know more about the Spotfire toolkit for limiting data?
- Would you like to know when to use one method for data limiting over another?
- Did you take a Spotfire basics course and need a refresher on data limiting in Spotfire?
Recently, I needed to recreate another developer’s Spotfire work in my own project. If you haven’t followed the evolution of Spotfire features, you might not know there is an easy way to do this task. You can drag and drop Spotfire visualizations or entire pages from one project to another. Read on to find out the details!Read More »Drag and Drop Spotfire Visualizations