- Have you ever looked at a Spotfire project and been at a loss for how the data is being limited or filtered?
- Would you like to know more about the Spotfire toolkit for limiting data?
- Would you like to know when to use one method for data limiting over another?
- Did you take a Spotfire basics course and need a refresher on how to limit data?
Every day, I see users relying entirely upon the Filter Panel to limit data. But, it isn’t always the best tool for the job. Thus, I decided to write a series about data limiting.
By the end, you will understand…
- All of the different tools available to limit data in Spotfire.
- Where to look for data limiting in projects you didn’t build.
- What tool to use for any data limiting use case.
Here’s what to expect.
Part 1 — Filtering with Filter & Data Panels
Part 2 — Data Limiting with the Web Player
Part 3 — Data Limiting with Filtering Schemes
Part 4 — Data Limiting with Marking
Part 5 — Data Limiting with Expressions
Part 6 — Data Limiting with Subsets
Part 7 — Data Limiting with Rules
I’ll release the first post next week.